Monday, February 7, 2011

Once again - into the frozen tundra

I am on my way again to Beautiful South Dakota. Some would say there isn't much there, well, there isn't. And the winters can be pretty harsh. "They" also say that Minnesota can be colder, which I'm sure it can, but this week I am in for much colder weather then last week in Minnesota. Someone told me that at least in MN, we have trees to block the wind. So True! Not many trees in SD. Therefore the wind chill factors in right away. I believe the high for Tuesday is slated to be around 0 degrees - without the wind chill. Well that would be splendid if I were in Sioux Falls for the day, but instead I plan on driving up through Watertown to Aberdeen - about 3 hours North. By the time I get up there in the early afternoon, I think it will be -3 (they were forecasting -21 for 6am). Glad I am staying in Sioux Falls Monday night.

So let's just say I am in for some cold weather. I talked to a guy on the plane into SFO that was heading to Siberia - I thought people only went to places like that in the movies. He was preparing for highs around -25F.

I guess it is supposed to be cold in Redding, CA also - looks like 30F is forecasted for Thursday morning - brrrr.

Safe travels - until next time.

1 comment: