Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Midwest

Off to the Midwest again for some chilly weather. Many from the Midwest would argue that 32F is not really chilly. True, it could be worse. This time I am flying into CID via DEN. I am hoping I don't have to deal with any ice tonight on my drive to Dubuque - driving tonight since I have a 9am meeting with a customer. I expect to get in tonight at around 10:45 Central time, then drive about an hour into the middle of Iowa.
I did get one First Class upgrade on my last leg going into CID.

This week looks to be good for driving in Iowa and Nebraska - not too many temps below 32 and no precipitation until around Wednesday - at least that's what my weather service tells me.

If you didn't know this about me - I am a NASCAR fan, and NASCAR season just opened last week with the Daytona 500. My Father-in-law and I both do Fantasy NASCAR on Yahoo Fantasy Sports. We have a lot of fun with it. I got to catch a bit of the race this weekend (Avondale Raceway in AZ) during my lunch layover in SFO. Wouldn't you know 2 of my 4 drivers got caught up in the big crash, which means less points. But, we had picked some of the same drivers this week, so he lost as many points as I did on one of those guys. And I had picked Kyle Busch early on but switched last minute. Oh well, I still have him in points going into week three.

I hope to have a safe and hassle free trip this time through, weather seems to be participating fairly well. I took a few pictures over the Sierra - I will send it to the blog a little later. The snow was amazing.

I am getting excited about camping with the kids. We have started talking about it, although it is a bit cold to start camping since we still have lots of snow in the upper elevations. My son and I talked about finding some places to camp that we have to canoe into. I like the sound of that. Minimalist camping.

I am going to sign off for now. Getting ready for my next flight. Hope my luggage makes it.

Mr. Smith...

1 comment:

  1. Wow you really went off on some tangents with nascar and camping! LOL Hope you make it safely to your hotel tonight.

    Love,
    Mrs. Smith

    ReplyDelete