Friday, February 11, 2011

Many legs, no delays...

So I am going to do this quickly, because I have no delays today. Somewhat crazy to have 4 legs to get home from FSD to RDD. I had to go through DEN and SAN. You may ask, why SAN? Well, it was much cheaper because the same flight number and flight crew flew from FSD to DEN to SAN - like a through flight, only switching planes. Well, I did get two 1st Class complimentary upgrades, and my last leg I will be in a small plane but in seat 9C, which is just about the same as 1st Class on a little EMB120. Those of you that fly know exactly what I am talking about. I must have outranked alot of travelers today.

Had some pretty crazy weather experiences while in South Dakota. It was well under freezing for most of my trip, with exception of today when I went out to the car at 7:30am and it was a balmy 24 degrees. When I left FSD, it was 40 degrees. There was still wind chill, but it was like "shorts" weather. DEN was still pretty cold, but SAN was 71 degrees. SFO is 61 degrees, and I hope it will be warm over the weekend in RDD. Home sweet home.

This was a really good trip for the business. The FA Office people in South Dakota are so friendly and warm, with such frigid temps outside. I did get to visit Aberdeen by car. It was an "ice road" for 70 miles. You just have to keep it slow around the wide corners. On my way back down to Brookings, I started struggling with the winds on I-29 for a good 40 miles. When I got to my hotel and turned on the news, I found out that they closed that freeway not more then an hour after I was off of it. I guess the week before, over 150 vehicles got stranded on that highway because of a blizzard and high winds. The temps were around -17, with an added wind chill it felt more like -35 outside the car. Thank Hertz for seat warmers and All Wheel Drive. Thank God for getting me off the highway safely.

I have to get ready to board now, so until next time (late Feb), happy travels...

Mr. Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment