Tuesday, January 11, 2011

traveling friends with more miles then me...

Well, I guess Tuesday is commuter day at RDD. Saw 3 regular travelers, one that is a friend from church, we'll just say his name is Scott to protect the innocent. Scott shared with me that he traveled over 200k miles last year, needless to say, I did not get into the 9b or 9c seat on my commuter flight today. 9b&c is like First Class on the EMB120. It is an exit row, and normally open unless 1k flyers are on the flight - they know and have access to book those seats. So Scott and another friend (we'll call her Annie) were in 9b&c. With only a slight delay out of RDD for a malfunctioning fuel indicator, we landed at SFO with plenty of time to spare to move over to our next flight - Scott just happened to be traveling East today as well.

An uneventful flight to DEN, over the beautiful snow-covered Rockies. Scott offered to have me be a guest in the Red Carpet Club - free internet, coffee, and snacks while I wait for my flight to FSD. While Scott heads off to STL, I have a few minutes to get some emails out and type a short note to you - my loyal followers. I also need to make some phone calls, what a great place to work. Maybe I can talk my boss into letting me get a membership here at the RCC on the company (hmm).

South Dakota is supposed to be pretty cold this week. I think it should be around 0 degrees when I land - and then hoover between 10 and -10 for the week. Should have brought some cramp-ons to walk around in the ice.

Until next time... safe travels....

1 comment:

  1. Nice to have friends that travel too. Stay warm!

    xo
    Mrs. Smith

    ReplyDelete