Friday, May 6, 2011

Blogsence

I have had quite an absence from blogging as of late. I have been traveling, but so busy that I haven't had downtime in the airport - or when I have been in an airport - I've been on Sales Force and not Blogger. Mrs. A will like that - she's my boss.

I have to look back in my calendar it has been so long. In the beginning of Feb, I made it to MSP which was ridiculous - colder then anywhere I have been before - well, maybe not as cold as FSD in January - but COLD none the less. It was right after the weekend where they got 17 inches of snow and I was able to experience "ice roads" for the second time in a Toyota Rav4.


I was able to experience the Twin Cities, St Cloud, and Mora, all below freezing - actually below 0.

Week two in February was once again into the frozen tundra of FSD (South Dakota). Wow - negative 35 degrees on my trip up to Aberdeen. I almost got stuck on the interstate when they closed it down due to a blizzard 30 minutes after arriving at my hotel.


Glad I made it out of that one. I drove on an ice highway for 40 miles in a Subaru - and it was not as grippy as the Rav4. I think I will request Rav4's in the future when traveling in the winter.

At the end of February and beginning of March - I ventured once more to the Midwest to CID (Iowa). Many miles later - I had traveled east, west, south, north, west, south, north, west and I ended up in Nebraska. Only had freezing rain while I was on this trip, no snow. Then I headed east again back into Iowa to return home to the family. Here are some pictures from Iowa.

"American Pickers"

John Deere country

Beautiful skies

Next stop - SAN - a change from the Midwest, sunny, beaches, bay, meeting with bankers from around the US.

Did I mention Bunya Bunya trees and low-flying jetplanes?

I also got to do a midnight full moon hike to the highest point in San Diego County with a friend from college and his kids - great time Brian.

Brian's kids.

I will post another blog shortly with the latest travels - hope this helps to catch you up just a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment